After of 4 months of implementation of the new 1-year visa since September of 2016, from 19th December, 1-month visas, 3-month visas and 6-month multiple visa are now again available for both visa on arrival and embassy services. Applying process for Vietnam visa for US citizens can be done in two ways:
Vietnam visa in New York, United States
1. Get a Vietnam Visa on Arrival at a lower cost
You will have more benefits when you use visa on arrival:
- Time saving: 1–2 working days processing
- Convenient: No passport send off, no embassy chase-down
- Competitive price: at least 30% cheaper than the traditional way
- Accessible: 100% online, send and receive by emai
The procedure is pretty simple. The steps below show how you apply for a visa on arrival:
- Complete online visa application form provided by the Visa on arrival agent (based in Vietnam).
- Make payment online through secured payment gateway with your credit or debit card.
- Download Visa approval letter sent to your email after 2 processing days together with entry-exit form NA1.
- Get visa stamped at arrival airport in Vietnam.
Visa on arrival standard processing time is only 2 days to work on your application for tourist visa and 5 days for business visa. If you want to shorten the time, please check out our Vietnam visa service fees update 2018.
Print out the letter and the entry-exit form and use them to board the plane. At the airport’s visa on arrival counter, present all the said documents with your passport and stamping fee:
- $25 for single entry 1-month and 3-month visas.
- $50 for multiple entry 1-month and 3-month visas.
- $95 for multiple entry 6-month visas.
- $135 for multiple entry 1-year visas.
Wait for your name to be called and the work now is done. Please note to line up to the Visa on Arrival/Visa upon Arrival/Landing Visa desk/counter to not waste your time standing in a wrong lane.
Consulate of the socialist Republic of Vietnam in New York
2. Contact details of Vietnamese embassy in New York
Address: 866 UN Plaza, Suite 428, New York, N.Y. 10017, USA
Phone: (1212) 644 0594
Fax: (1212) 644 5732
Required documents for a Vietnam visa application include
- A valid origin passport with at least 6 month validity and blank pages left.
- A completed application form you can download on Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- A latest passport-sized photo with your bare face on white background.
- Prepaid return envelop if you want to get the passport back by post.
- Vietnam visa fee is paid in cash, stamping fee included, no refund in case your application is rejected.
The normal process takes 3 days for tourist visa and more for business visas. You should call the embassy you plan to apply to know the exact prices for each visa.
Follow this video to know How to apply for Vietnam visa online step by step
- Before applying for Vietnam visa, make sure your passport has minimum 6 month validity and left pages.
- For visa on arrival option, it is applicable for those traveling by air to Vietnam.
- Different staying durations allowed with different long-term visas: 90 days (6-month and 1-year multiple entry tourist visas); 180 days (6-month multiple entry business visa); 365 days (1-year multiple entry business visa)
For other nationals in New York
- Please not that for most of other countries there are only 10 (or only 8 for some countries) Vietnam visa types which areapplicable: 1-month single/multiple entry tourist/business visas, 3-month single/multiple entry tourist/business visas, 6-month multiple entry business visa and 1-year multiple entry business visa (while US citizens can apply for 6-month and 1-year multiple entry tourist visas).
- Some nationals from Africa and Middle East can actually obtain a Vietnam visa without a Vietnamese sponsor. Vietnam visa for Africans will cost more than other countries.
Should you have any concerns about Vietnam visa for US citizens and other nationals in New York, please feel free to contact us at hotline +84 968 18 77 18 or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.