Please keep in mind that UK citizens are getting Vietnam visa exemption for 15 days in Vietnam from July 1, 2015 to June 31, 2016. But in case they wish to stay in Vietnam for a longer duration, they may get a Vietnam visa on arrival Vietnam visa via the embassy in UK.
Following are details for Vietnam visa application for UK citizens via the Vietnam Embassy in London.
► For Business visa:
Applications for business visa will be considered on case by case basis. In order to apply for assistance from the embassy, you need to provide the following documents by email (other documents may be requested): (1) Copy of valid passport; (2) Completed application form (download on the embassy website); (3) Invitation letter. The Embassy staff will response to your inquiry by email or telephone.
► For Tourist visa:
To apply for a tourist visa to Vietnam at Vietnam embassy in London, please carefully the following instruction:
I. General requirements:
- Valid PASSPORT (validity must exceed that of the visa by at least one month).
- One completed Application form then print out the form for application by post or in person. You can also submit the PDF version via email.
- One passport PHOTOGRAPH taken not more than one year ago, affixed to the application form.
- VISA FEE (please contact the embassy since it varies from case by case)
- If you want your passport to be returned by post: please provide a self-addressed envelope (not stamped) and postal charge (see below).
- The Embassy may request further supporting documents and will contact the applicant when necessary. Please do not send any unless you are requested to do so.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: upon receipt of your visa, you are required to make sure all information on the visa is correct (especially passport number and visa date). Any error must be notified to the embassy staff immediately and BEFORE your departure from the UK. Failure to do so means the embassy will NOT take any responsibility when visa problems arise upon arriving in Vietnam and no refund and compensation will be available.
II. Processing time:
* Normal Processing: 5 working days.
* Express Processing: 2 working days (different fee applied).
* Next Day Processing: 1 working day (different fee applied).
III. How to apply:
You can apply for Visa in person or by post. A third party can submit relevant documents and collect visa on your behalf. Email/fax application is also possible if you use Express or Next-day service (see below).
Applications must be submitted before 12:30 every working day.
To apply in person:
- Arrive at the embassy between 9:30-12:30. No appointment is needed. The consulate service is closed after 12:30.
- Submit all the required documents (see above) and pay the appropriate fee in cash.
- You will receive a receipt, which states the date your visa is ready for collection.
- Collection time: 9:30-12:30 Monday to Friday (except public holidays). No appointment is needed.
- A third party can submit relevant documents and collect visa on your behalf.
To apply by post: (The Embassy recommends application by post to avoid long queue).
- Post your application (including: passport, application form, self-addressed enveloped (not stamped), payment of all related fees and charges) by Royal Mail Special Delivery/Registered post. Do not send your mail by first class.
- Payment should be made by cheque or postal order payable to the ‘EMBASSY OF VIET NAM’, all in British pounds sterling only. Your full name, passport number and telephone number must be provided at the back of the payment. DO NOT SEND CASH.
- More than one visa application can be submitted together in one envelop.
- More than one passports can be returned to applicants in the same envelop.
- All passports will be returned by Royal Mail Special Delivery.
- Visa processing time will start from the date the application is received, not from the date it is dispatched. Your passport will need 1 or 2 days to reach you via post after the visa is issued.
To apply by email:
- Your full application is including: 1. Visa application form (downloaded on the embassy website); 2. Scan copy of your passport page; 3. Evidence of payment (transfer receipt, bank statement, screenshot …)
- Please send email to Consular@vietnamembassy.org.uk to request visa fee and bank account details. After receiving the first general instruction from the embassy with visa fee and bank account details, you should send the embassy your full application (application form, passport page and payment evidence) via email. Your application will be processed after the embassy receives your full application. (The embassy do not accept application by Fax).
- All application must be made before 12:30 of every working day.
- All successful email application will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours. Do not assume your application is accepted if no confirmation was made. Once the confirmation email is sent, it is not possible to cancel your application; payment of the full visa fee is required.
- Collection: You must collect your visa by visiting the embassy with your passport and original application form.
- Visa collection time: 9:30-12:30 Monday to Friday (except public holiday). No appointment is needed.
- All applications by Email are automatically considered as Express processing (unless specified as Next-day processing).
IV. Important information:
- Visa will be valid from the DATE OF ENTRY (provided in the application form) and extend for 30 days or 90 days depending on the type of visa. And you can enter Viet Nam on and after the DATE OF ENTRY and must leave before the visa expires.
- Visa procedure and fee for children are the same as for adults if the children have their own passports. Children who are included in parents’ passports do not need separate visas and are not charged visa fees. However, their names must be stated in their parents application form with one accompanying photograph for each child. The parents must sign the applications on behalf of children under 14 years old.
- Amendments of the visa can be done only when the visa is still valid. Fee applies.
- Visa processing fees and charges are payable whether or not a visa is ultimately granted and are not refundable.
- In most cases you do not need a visa to enter/re-enter Viet Nam if you do not cross passport control when catching connecting flights. Please double check carefully with your travel agencies and airlines for specific requirements at your transit airports.
- Please do not purchase air tickets/holiday packages to Viet Nam before you obtain a visa. The visa process is not bound by your travel plan.
- The Embassy is not responsible for any loss or damage to redundant documents sent to the Embassy but not required by us.
Please note that the Embassy reserves the right to ask for further documentation and information from the applicant, and to refuse any visa application.
In addition to apply for Vietnam visa at Vietnam Embassy in UK, the UK citizens and residents may have another option for Vietnam visa application which is to apply for visa on arrival in case they travel to the country by air.