1. What is Vietnam visa?
In fact, Visa seems to be a very new definition for those who have never been abroad, but it is very familiar for those who traveling abroad at least once.
Why? As it is a valid document allowing travelers to enter a certain country for a certain period of time?
According, visa in Vietnam is a valid document which allows travelers to enter and stay in Vietnam for a certain period of time.
2. Do all foreign travelers need a visa for Vietnam?
No, almost, not all.
At the moment, Vietnamese government is granting Vietnam visa exemption for certain nationals for certain period in Vietnam under unilateral and bilateral visa exemption agreement. Specifically:
2.1 Citizens of following countries are getting Vietnam visa exemption under bilateral visa exemption agreement:
- In fact, nationals of Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia can stay in Vietnam for 30 days without Vietnam visa;
- And, nationals of Philippines are granted with 21-day visa exemption;
- Nationals of Brunei and Myanmar do not need to apply for visa if their stay in Vietnam is no more than 14 days.
2.2 Nationals of following countries are getting Vietnam visa exemption under unilateral visa exemption:
- In fact, nationals of Japan, South Korea, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Russia’re entitled to 15-day visa exemption;
- Nationals of United Kingdom, Spain, France, Germany, and Italy are entitled to 15-day visa exemption from July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016;
- And nationals of Belarus are entitled to 15-day visa exemption from July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2020;
In addition to passport which is valid for at least 6 months from arrival date like nationals under bilateral visa exemption, nationals under unilateral visa exemption should notice that they only can get visa exemption if their arrival date is not within 30 days from exit date of their last stay in Vietnam with visa exemption.
3. How to apply for Vietnam visa?
There are, currently, 2 ways to apply for Vietnam visa:
Firstly, Apply for visa at local Vietnam embassy; OR
Then, Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival.
Either options’s used, you will get a valid visa for Vietnam.
For differences among these two options, one can refer to https://visaonlinevietnam.org
Above is all basic information about Vietnam visa, from visa requirement to how to apply for Vietnam visa. For more details without fee, please contact us:
1 Floor, 56A Nguyen Cu Trinh St, Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh City, VietNam
Phone: (+84) 838 361 567
Tollfree USA: 1866-278-6239